If you live with Type 2 diabetes, this is an opportunity to participate in a clinical trial without altering your current medication. The study is centered on a new mobile application (app), and all you need is a smart phone.
People who live with diabetes will help research an app which keeps track of blood glucose in real time. All you need to do is measure your blood sugar levels and enter your meal and exercise data for three consecutive days, and the app will create customized reports on your treatment needs. If approved, the app could help patients make decisions about next steps in their diabetic treatment regimen, like whether to alter exercise plans or medication intake.
TO QUALIFY for the Diabetes Clinical Trial:
- Be between 40-65 years old
- Live with Type 2 diabetes for at least two years
- Be on non-insulin anti-diabetic (NIAD) therapy
- Currently measure blood glucose 1-2x per week
- Currently own an Android or iPhone
STUDY COMPENSATION: $300
- Two office visits: One at study initiation and one at study end
- Willing to test blood glucose visits 7 times per day for 3 days consecutively
- Participants must keep track of meal and exercise activity for 3 days consecutively